Gems of the Month ~ an abstract series
Garnet red silk painting with salt effects for the month of January.
SilkArt: Garnet Sanctuary
- 22 x 22 in
- 100 % Silk
- 8 `momme
- Silk Habotai
- Shiny finish
- Hand rolled hem
- Jacquard silk dyes
- Steamed for color fastness
- Hand-washable (room temp. water)
- Signed or initialed by artist
- Gift boxed
- Gift wrapped
- Muslin bag for storage
- Lavender sachet with cedar balls
- SilkArt created in the USA
The magical charm and mesmerizing quality of silk compelled me to embrace it as my canvas of choice.
The abstract series has been created using brushes but without using gutta or resist.
This free approach allows the dyes to travel freely across the silk and the results surprise and excite me every time.The process is very intense and I have to be quick to get in as much detail as I can before the dyes dry.
There are no second chances in this process!
* Measurements are approximate as your SilkArt will shrink slightly during the steaming & washing process.
* Slight bleeding of dye might occur during the first couple of washes.
* Please note that colors vary on different computers & monitors therefore shades & tones may not be exactly as you see them on your monitor.
Your wearable art may look slightly different when you receive it, but I can assure you that the colors are more vibrant in person!