Flowers of the Month ~ an abstract series
- March's flower the Narcissus with myriads of hues is portrayed in this scarf
- March's gemstone the Aquamarine is represented by the blue border around the scarf
SilkArt: Narcissus in March
- 8 x 54
- 100 % Silk
- 8 'momme
- Silk Flat Crepe
- High Luster
- Hand Rolled Hem
- Jacquard silk dyes
- Steamed for colorfastness
- Hand-washable (room temp. water)
- Signed by Artist
- Gift Boxed
- Created and Crafted in the USA
Importance of Color
The colors, shapes, and textures of flowers always seem to be telling a story. This is why flowers have been enjoyed not just for their sensory delights but also for their symbolic meaning.
Narcissus is the flower of beauty, joy, purity, good fortune, and wealth.
- Orange blossoms portray a passion for life
- Pink blossoms convey youth, innocence, and joy
- Purple blossoms signify accomplishment and admiration
Color can influence our emotions, our actions and how we respond to various people, things and ideas. Much has been studied and written about color and its impact on our daily lives.
- Blue symbolizes: youth, spirituality, truth, peace
- Aqua is the color of high ideals
Silk Flat Crepe
- A bit like Habotai but slightly crisper and with a more pronounced sheen
- Very lightweight silk with a beautiful sheen
- The weave is a type of crepe weave that is flatter on the surface, shinier than habotai, but not as shiny as satin
- Hand rolled hems with 100% silk thread
The Meaning and Magical properties of Silk
- magical insulation
An interesting myth about silk is that it is a ‘natural magical insulator’, meaning that it will keep magical energies contained within itself and its contents from influences of the outside world.
The magical charm and mesmerizing quality of silk compelled me to embrace it as my canvas of choice.
The abstract series has been created using brushes but without using gutta or resist.
This free approach allows the dyes to travel freely across the silk and the results surprise and excite me every time.
The process is very intense and I have to be quick to get in as much detail as I can before the dyes dry.
There are no second chances in this process!