- October's flower the Calendula with myriads of colors and hues is portrayed in the scarf
- October's gemstone the Red Tourmaline is represented by the scarlet red border around the scarf
- 14 x 72
- 100 % Silk
- 8 'momme
- Silk Chiffon
- Matte Finish
- Hand Rolled Hem
- Jacquard silk dyes
- Steamed for colorfastness
- Hand-washable (room temp. water)
- Signed by Artist
- Gift Boxed
- Created and Crafted in the USA
The Importance of Color
The colors, shapes, and textures of flowers always seem to be telling a story. This is why flowers have been enjoyed not just for their sensory delights but also for their symbolic meaning.
Calendulas grew their name from blooming at the beginning of each month.
Also known as the "summer bride" or "husbandmans dial" as its head turns following the sun.
Calendula symbolizes contentment, excellence, gratitude and love for nature
- Orange Calendulas send a message of fascination, energy, enthusiasm, and warmth
- Yellow Calendulas represent joy, lightheartedness, friendship, new beginnings, and happiness
Color can influence our emotions, our actions and how we respond to various people, things and ideas. Much has been studied and written about color and its impact on our daily lives.
Pink symbolizes love and beauty.
- Elegant, sheer and more loosely woven fiber
- A soft beautiful drape and a crepe like texture
- A lightweight texture and a semi-mesh weave
- A chic transparent appearance slightly rough to the touch
- Hand rolled hems with 100% silk thread
The Meaning and Magical properties of Silk
- magical insulation
An interesting myth about silk is that it is a ‘natural magical insulator’, meaning that it will keep magical energies contained within itself and its contents from influences of the outside world.
The magical charm and mesmerizing quality of silk compelled me to embrace it as my canvas of choice.
The abstract series has been created using brushes but without using gutta or resist.
This free approach allows the dyes to travel freely across the silk and the results surprise and excite me every time.The process is very intense and I have to be quick to get in as much detail as I can before the dyes dry.
There are no second chances in this process!