Flowers of the Month ~ an abstract series
- January's flower the Carnation is portrayed in this scarf
- January gemstone the Garnet is represented by the pink border around the scarf
SilkArt: Carnations in January
- 14 x 72
- 100 % Silk
- 8 'momme
- Silk Chiffon
- Matte Finish
- Hand Rolled Hem
- Jacquard silk dyes
- Steamed for colorfastness
- Hand-washable (room temp. water)
- Signed by Artist
- Gift Boxed
- Created and Crafted in the USA
The Importance of Color
The colors, shapes, and textures of flowers always seem to be telling a story. This is why flowers have been enjoyed not just for their sensory delights but also for their symbolic meaning.
Yellow Carnation is the flower of friendship, sunshine, joy, and rejection
Color can influence our emotions, our actions and how we respond to various people, things, and ideas. Much has been studied and written about color and its impact on our daily lives.
Red symbolizes action, confidence, courage, vitality.
- An elegant, sheer and more loosely woven fiber
- A soft beautiful drape and a crepe like texture
- A lightweight texture and a semi-mesh weave
- A chic transparent appearance slightly rough to the touch
- Hand rolled hems with 100% silk thread
The Meaning and Magical properties of Silk
- magical insulation
An interesting myth about silk is that it is a ‘natural magical insulator’, meaning that it will keep magical energies contained within itself and its contents from influences of the outside world.
The magical charm and mesmerizing quality of silk compelled me to embrace it as my canvas of choice.
The abstract series has been created using brushes but without using gutta or resist.
This free approach allows the dyes to travel freely across the silk and the results surprise and excite me every time. The process is very intense and I have to be quick to get in as much detail as I can before the dyes dry.
There are no second chances in this process!